21.12.05

Once again by popular demand, our new Entertainment Center! We have always had our TV and associated components tucked in the corner of the living room. The problem has always been that square stands waste a lot of room since they have to be placed diagonally. Enter the Computer Desk we picked up from Big Lots last Thursday. It didn't take too much imagination to see that this would make the perfect home for our TV, etc. And best of all, it's European wood and metal styling only set us back $79!

In order from top to bottom 1) Satellite Receiver DVR #1, 2) Cordless Phone and Satellite Receiver DVR #2, 3) 32" wide-screen TV and Channel Modulator (behind TV), 4) DVD Recorder (in the keyboard drawer), 5) Receiver/Amplifier, 6) CD Player/Jukebox, and 7) our puppy dog Lindsey! I've placed a clip-on light behind the unit so it shines on the back wall to reduce the contrast of the TV picture and make for more pleasant viewing. Wire management has always been problematic, but I have some ideas of using some 2" ABS tubing to create a cableway that will hide most (if not all) of the usual unpleasantness.

I have to apologize for the quality of the picture, it turns out the our living room (at least a night) is a bit dark. I took off the lamp shades, but more light would definitely improve things. Oh, and if you haven't guessed, we're currently watching Veronica Mars. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 22/12/05 11:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. So, why not incorporate a PC with wireless keyborad and mouse which uses the TV as its monitor?

 
At 22/12/05 11:23, Blogger sevej said...

Most definitely do-able! I've already hooked up my laptop to the TV's VGA port. A wireless keyboard and mouse would be perfect.

If I had my druthers, I think I'd setup a Linux box with MythTV as an additional/alternate DVR.

 
At 22/12/05 12:47, Blogger Livi of the Mountain said...

Ok...I'm loving the tv..you must invite me over for a Good Eats marathon sometime....lol Alton would be so proud of you for choosing a "multi-tasking" entertainment center.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home