2.1.06

Parade and in the dark

Presently watching the Rose Parade. I think that it's funny that there is rain pooring down on Stephanie and Bob! We really have had it too nice (New Year's Day wise) for too long. Oh and who is this new chick Michaela?

I do feel sorry for all the horses, etc. that have to trunge (is that a word?) through the monsoon.

Float-of-Note: The dolled-up hippopotamus. Did the designers ever consider the folks on the North side of Colorado Blvd. who would have the wonderful view of looking up a 30' hippopotamus' butt? I think not.

Had a five-hour power failure last night (7-12). That was the third one in seven days. Of course Livi (closer to the "power nexus" I guess), was well lit . If I have to be in the dark, I think everyone should be. Figuring the lights would be back on in no more than two hours, we sat around in the candlelight and chatted for a while. Then we got bored and watched National Treasure on my laptop. Surprisingly the battery lasted through the entire movie.

the power just went out again!!! Well at least we got to watch the end of the parade.

3 Comments:

At 3/1/06 19:09, Blogger Livi of the Mountain said...

Well my power went out too and was out for 7 or 8 hours with NO LAPTOP for entertainment. So I laid a flashlight across my shoulder and read a book, well 6 chapters anyway...can't wait for the next power outtage so I can finish it.

 
At 7/1/06 19:02, Blogger Khiori said...

I thought horsies liked the rain!

Of course, I didn't get to see it cause we lost power :pout:

 
At 11/1/06 21:08, Blogger .- said...

STILL have not seen the parade, have it taped. Kids got to work on the Sierra Madre float - they stayed longer than me with grandma.... HEY - i had a math post just yesterday -
;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home